Mark C. Edwards, Ph.D.
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Email: EdwardsMark@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1021 Fax: 501-364-2840 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way, Slot 512-21 Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.A., California State Univ
- M.S., Virginia Polytech Inst & St U
- Ph.D., Virginia Polytech Inst & St U
Licensure and Board Certification
- Arkansas Psychology Board
- Educator Emeritus, UAMS Department of Pediatrics, 2007
- Journal Article, Edwards M., Sigel B. Estimates of the Utility of Child Behavior Checklist/Teacher Report Form Attention Problem Scale in the Diagnosis of ADHD in Children Referred to a Specialty Clinic. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment 2015 March; 37(1):50-59.
- Journal Article, Wright, Anna W., Parent, Justin., Forehand, Rex., Edwards, Mark C., Conners-Burrow, Nicola A., Long, Nicholas. The relation of parent and child gender to parental tolerance of child disruptive behaviors. Journal of Child and Family Studies 2013 August; 22(6):779-785.
- Journal Article, Chelonis JJ., Johnson TA., Ferguson SA., Berry KJ., Kubacak B., Edwards MC., Paule MG. Effect of methylphenidate on motivation in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Exp Clin Psychopharmacology 2011 April; 19(2):145-153.
- Journal Article, Parent, J., Forehand, R., Merchant, MJ., Edwards, MC., Conners, NA., Long, N., Jone, DJ. The Relation of Harsh and Permissive Discipline With Child Disruptive Behaviors: Does Child Gender Make a Difference In An At-Risk Sample?. Journal of Family Violence 2011 26:527-533.
- Journal Article, Edwards, M. C. A review of the reliability and diagnostic accuracy of parent and child interviews in the assessment of children with ADHD. Advances in ADHD 2009 3(2):55-65.
- Journal Article, A Review of the Reliability and Diagnostic Accuracy of Parent and Child Interviews in the Assessment of Children with ADHD. Advances in ADHD 2009 3(2):55-65.
- Journal Article, Edwards, M. C., Gardner, E., Chelonis, J. ., Schulz, E., Flake, R., Diaz, P. Estimates of the Validity and Utility of the Conners’ Continuous Performance Test in the Assessment of Inattentive and/or Hyperactive-Impulsive Behaviors in Children. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology 2007 35(3):393-404.
- Journal Article, Edwards, M C, Gardner, E, Chelonis, J, Schulz, E, Flake, R, Diaz, P. Estimates of the Validity and Utility of the Conners' Continuous Performance Test in the Assessment of Inattentive and/or Hyperactive-Impulsive Behaviors in Children. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology 2007; 35(3):393-404.
- Journal Article, Conners, N., Edwards, M C., Grant, A. An Evaluation of a Parenting Class Curriculum for Parents of Young Children: Parenting the Strong-Willed Child. Journal of Child and Family Studies 2007 16(3):321-330.
- Journal Article, Ivor B Horn, I B, Lewin, A, Turner-Musa, J, Edwards, M C, Joseph, J. The Use of AAP Recommended Disciplinary Practice Guidelines Among African American Caregivers of Children in Head Start Programs. Public Health Reports 2006; 121(3):324-330.