Richard F. Jacobs, M.D., FAAP
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Robert H. Fiser, Jr., M.D. Endowed Chair in Pediatrics
- Pediatric Administration
- Infectious Diseases
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 501-364-1442 Fax: 501-364-3418 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.S., Henderson State University, 1973
- M.D., University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 1977
- High School, Longview High School, 1970
- Resident, Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 1977-1980
- Chief Pediatric Resident, Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 1979-1980
- Fellow, Pediatric Infectious Disease, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 1980-1982
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- Who's Who in Medical Sciences Education, Academic Keys, 2007
- Gala Honoree of the Year, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International, 2007
- Henderson Academy, Academic Hall of Fame - Biology, Henderson State University, 2008
- Best Doctors, AY Magazine, 2009
- Who's Who Registry among Executives and Professionals in the field of Research, Medicine and Healthcare, Cambridge, 2010
- Ruth Olive Beall Excellence Award, Arkansas Children's Hospital, 2011
- Richard F. Jacobs, MD Annual Endowed Lectureship in Infectious Diseases, UAMS, Department of Pediatrics, 2012
- Arkansas Childhood Immunization Champion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and CDC Foundation, 2012
- Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award, Arnold P. Gold Foundation, 2012
- Journal Article, Bradley JS., Flanagan SD., Jacobs RF., Arrieta AC., Prokocimer P. Pharmacokinetics, Safety and Tolerability of Single Oral or IV Administration of 200 mg Tedizolid Phosphate in Adolescents. PIDJ 2016 35:628-633.
- Journal Article, Abzug MJ., Michaels MG., Wald E., Jacobs RF., Romero JR., et al. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of Pleconaril for treatment of neonates with enterovirus sepsis. J PIDS 2016 5(10):53-62.
- Journal Article, Wilmott RW., Abramson JS., Davies DH., Felice ME., Stanton B., Jacobs RF., et al. Evaluation of a Mentoring Program for New Pediatric Department Chairs. J Pediatr 2015 (167):787-788.
- Journal Article, Kimberlin DW., Jester PM., Sanchez PJ., Ahmed A., Arav-Boger R., Michaels MG., Ashori N., Englund JA., Estrada B., Jacobs RF., et al. Valganciclovir for Symptomatic Congenital Cytomegalovirus Diasese. N Engl J Med 2015 March; 372(10):933-943.
- Journal Article, Meena CK., Nesmith CC., Palmer KG., Jacobs RF., Burke BL. Disseminated neonatal Herpes simplex virus infection preceded by four days of prenatal maternal fever. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2012 7:41-44.
- Journal Article, Safi H., Wheeler JG., Reeve GR., Ochoa E., Romero JR., Hopkins RH., Ryan KW., Jacobs RF. Vaccine Policy and Arkansas Childhood Immunization Exemptions: A Multi-Year Reveiw. AM J Prev Med 2012 42(6):602-605.
- Journal Article, (IOM Panel Participant) Critical Needs and Gaps in Understanding Prevention, Amelioration, and Resolution of Lyme and Other Tick-borne Diseases,The Short-Term and Long-Term Outcomes. Institute of Medicine 2011
- Journal Article, Abdel-Rahman SM., Chandorkar G., Akins RL., Bradley JS., Jacobs RF., et al. Single-dose Pharmacokinetics and Tolerability of Daptomycin 8-10 mg/kg in Children Aged Two to Six Years with Suspected or Proven Gram-Positive Infections. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2011 30:712-714
- Journal Article, Abdel-Rahman SM., Kearns GL., Santiago T., Jacobs RF., et al. Pharmacokinetics and Tolerability of Single-Dose Intravenous Ertapenem (15, 20, 40 mg/kg) in Infants, Children and Adolescents. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2011 (39):1072-6.
- Journal Article, Kimberlin DW., Shalabi M., Abzug MJ., Lang D., Jacobs RF., et al. Safety of Oseltamivir Compared with the Adamantanes in Children Less Than 12 Months of Age. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2010 29(3):195-198.