Eduardo R. Ochoa, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, College of Public Health, Department of Health Policy & Management
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Section Chief, Community Pediatrics
- Community Pediatrics
- General Pediatrics
Email: OchoaEduardoR@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-3398 Fax: 501-978-6443 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- A.B., Princeton University, 1990
- M.D., Texas Tech University, 1996
- Preceptorship in Medically Underserved Communities, American Medical Student Association , 1993
- Internship and Residency, Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences/ Arkansas Children's Hospital, 1996-1999
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Arkansas Chapter, 2007
- High Profile, Arkansas Democrat Gazette, 2007
- Mejor de lo Mejor (Best of the Best) Physicians, Selected by readers of El Latino, Central Arkansas Spanish weekly newspapaer, 2008
- Best Doctors in America (2008-2009), Best Doctors, 2008
- Special Achievement Award - Latino Clinic, League of United Latin American Citizens Council 750, Little Rock, 2009
- Paul Harris Fellow, The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International , 2009
- Best Doctors in America (2009-2010), Best Doctors in America, Inc., 2009
- Leadership Award, National Hispanic Medical Association Washington, DC, 2010
- Best Doctors in America (2010-2011), Best Doctors in America, Inc., 2010
- Humanitarian of the Year, Just Communities of Arkansas, 2012
- Journal Article, Eduardo Ochoa, MD. Entering the Golden Age of Primary Care. The Journal of The Arkansas medical society 2013 March; 109(10):198.
- Journal Article, Haytham Safi., J. Gary Wheeler., Gordon R. Reeve., Eduardo Ochoa., Jose R. Romero., Robert Hopkins., Kevin W. Ryan., Richard F. Jacobs. Vaccine Policy and Arkansas Childhood Immunization Exemptions-A Multi-Year Review. Am J Prev Med 2012 June; 42:602-605.
- Journal Article, Ochoa E., Nash, C. Community Engagement and its Impact on Child Health Disparities: Building Blocks, Examples, and Resources. Pediatrics 2009 November; 124(3):S237-S245.
- Journal Article, Wheeler, JG., Taylor, JL., Schulz, E., Ochoa E. Children' behavioral and mental health: Addressing the workforce issues. 2009 The Journal of the Arkansas Medical Society; 105(June):280-281.
- Journal Article, Gonzalez-Espada WJ, Ochoa ER, Ibarra M, Vargas PA. Perceptions of differential treatment from the viewpoints of attending physicians, residents and Hispanic parents in Arkansas. Hispanic Health Care International 2006; 4(3):159-169.
- Journal Article, Gonzalez-Espada WJ, Ibarra MJ, Ochoa ER, Vargas PA. Multicultural Medical Encounters: The Experience at a Pediatric Clinic. J Ark Med Soc 2006; 8::227-229.
- Journal Article, Schulz EG, Buchanan G. How do I judge the "medical homeness" of my practice?. Clinical Pediatrics 2004 June; 43(5):431-435.
Recent Grant Awards
- Children's HealthWatch: Comprehensive Community Profiles for Improved Programs and Policies in W.F. Kellogg Foundation Priority Areas, Kellogg Foundation/Boston Medical, 2016-07-01 00:00:00-2017-06-30 00:00:00