Dennis E. Schellhase, M.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Email: SchellhaseDennisE@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1006 Fax: 501-364-3930 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital Sturgis 4th floor Little Rock, 72202
- None, Tarrant County Junior College, 1977
- None, Baylor University, 1979
- M.D., University of Texas Medical Branch, 1983
- Internship, Pediatrics, Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, 1983-1984
- Residency, Pediatrics, Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, 1984-1986
- Fellow, Pulmonology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1986-1989
- Research Fellow, Pulmonology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and National Jewsih Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, 1987-1989
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatric Pulmonology
- Quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Article: A Costly Drug is Denied, and Medicaid Takes Heat. Published July 17, 2014. , 2014
- Journal Article, Agarwal A., Marks N., Wessel V., Bai S., Hu Z., Tang X., Ward W., Schellhase D., Carroll JL. Improving Knowledge Technical Skills and Confidence in Management of Chronic Tracheostomy Among Pediatric Residents Using Simulation Model. Pediatr Pulmonol 2016 51:696-704.
- Journal Article, Burbank AJ., Lewis SD., Hewes M., Schellhase D., Rettiganti M., Hali-Barrow J., Bylander L., Brown RH., Perry TT. Mobile-based Asthma Action Plans for Adolescents. J Asthma 2015 Jan; 7:1-4.
- Journal Article, Hink H., Schellhase DE. Transitioning families to adult cystic fibrosis care. Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing 2006 11:260-263.
- Journal Article, Schellhase DE. Pediatric flexible airway endoscopy. Curr Opin Pediatr 2002 Jun; 14(3):327 - 333.
- Journal Article, Ding Y., Simpson PM., Ding L., Tryka FA., Parham DM., Schellhase DE. Limited reliability of lipid-laden macrophage index (LLMI) restricts its use as a test for pulmonary aspiration: comparison with a simple semi-quantitative assay. Pediatr Dev Pathol 2002 5:551-558.