Karen Boyd Worley, Ph.D.
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Children at Risk
Email: WorleyKarenB@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-3810 Fax: 501-364-3939 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.A., Oklahoma State University, 1974
- Ph.D., Texas Tech University, 1983
- Internship, Kansas City Veterans Administration Medical Center, 1979
Licensure and Board Certification
- Arkansas Psychology Board
Clinical & Research Interests
- Clinical Research, Child maltreatment, child sexual abuse. juvenile sexual offenders
- Miracle of Hope Award, Safe Places, 2008
- Arkansas ATSA Faithful Service and Outstanding Leadership, Arkansas Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers, 2011
- Journal Article, Jones, J.G., Cohen, A., Worthington, T., Karen Boyd Worley. Self-Cutting: Hidden in Plain Sight. Journal of Family Practice 2015
- Journal Article, Teresa L. Kramer., Benjamin A. Sigel., Nicola Conners-Burrow., Karen B. Worley., Jan K. Church., Kathy Helpenstill. It Takes a State: Best Practices for Children Exposed to Trauma. Best Practices in Mental Health 2015 Spring; 11(1):14-24.
- Journal Article, Janice K. Church., John Clemmons. • Publication:Worley, K.B., Church, J.K., & Clemmons J. Parents of adolescents who have committed sexual offenses: Characteristics, challenges, and interventions. . . Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry 2012
- Journal Article, Conners-Burrow, N.A., ., Temple, A.B., Sigel, B.A., Church, J.K., ., Kramer, T.L., ., Worley, K.B. The Development of a Systematic Approach to Mental Health Screening in Child Advocacy Centers. . Children and Youth Services Review 2012
- Journal Article, Worley KB, Church JK. When children sexually abuse other children. J Ark Med Soc 2007 Feb; 103(8):205 - 208.
- Journal Article, Flannery, M.T., Farst K, Worley K, Worthington, T., Rauls, S.. The Use of Hair Analysis to Test Children for Exposure to Methamphetamine. Mich. St. U. J. Med. & L. 2006; 10(1):143-254.