Robert L. Saylors, M.D.
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Jaxon C,. Lee - Robert L. Saylors III, M.D., Endowed Chair in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Hematology and Oncology
Email: SaylorsRobertL@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1494 Fax: 501-364-3634 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- Fellow, Washington University School of Medicine, 1991
- Pediatric Chief Resident, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences/Arkansas Children's Hospital, 1988
- Pediatric Resident, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences/Arkansas Children's Hospital, 1987
- B.S., Louisiana State University in Shreveport, 1981
- M.D., Louisiana State University School of Medicine, 1985
- Fellow, Hematology/Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, 1988-1991
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- Red Sash Award, Class of 2011, 2011
- Educational Excellence Award, UAMS College of Medicine, 2011
- Red Sash Award, Class of 2012, 2012
- Educator of the Year, UAMS Department of Pediatrics, 2013
- Red Sash Award, UAMS Senior Class, 2014
- Sophomore Golden Apple, UAMS College of Medicine , 2015
- Gold Sash Award, UAMS College of Medicine , 2015
- Alpha Omega Alpha, National AOA, 2016
- Red Sash Award, UAMS senior class, 2016
- Gold Sash Award, UAMS sophomore class, 2016
- Journal Article, Alford, SE., Kothari, A., Loeff, FC., Eichorn, JM., Sakurikar, N., Goselink, HM., Saylors, RL., Jedema, I., Falkenburg, JHF., Chambers, TC. BH3 inhibitor sensitivity and Bcl-2 dependence in primary acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells. Cancer Res 2015 75:1366-1375.
- Journal Article, Watkins B., Saccente S., Tang X. Comparison of automated red cell exchange transfusion and simple transfusion for the treatment of children with sickle cell disease acute chest syndrome. Ped Blood Cancer 2013 60:1952-1956.
- Journal Article, Morrow RW., Frazier EA., Mahle WT., Harville TO., Pye SE., Saylors RL., Garcia X., Jaquiss RDB., Woodle ES. Rapid reduction in donor specific anti-HLA antibodies (DSA) and reversal of antibody mediated rejection (AMR) with bortezomib in pediatric heart transplant patients.. Transplantation 2012 93:319-324.
- Journal Article, Mian A., Becton D., Saylors R., James L., Tang X., Buddha A., Prodhan P. Biomarkers for risk stratification of febrile neutropenia among children with malignancy: A pilot study. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2012 59:238-245.
- Journal Article, Ataga KI., Reid M., et al. Improvements in haemolysis and indicators of erythrocyte survival do not correlate with acute vaso-occlusive crises in patients with sickle cell disease: a phase III randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, study of the Gardos channel blocker senicapoc (CA-17043). Br J Haematol 2011 153:92-104.
- Journal Article, Burns S., Saylors R., Mian A. Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis Secondary to Ehrlichia chaffeensis Infection: A Case Report. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2010 32:e142-3.
- Journal Article, Penagaricano J., Moros E., Corry P., Ratanatharathorn V. Pediatric Craniospinal Axis Irradiation with Helical Tomotherapy: Patient Outcome and Lack of Acute Pulmonary Toxicity. 2009 75:1155-1161.
- Journal Article, Stine KC, Saylors RL, Saccente CS, Becton DL. Treatment of deep vein thrombosis with enoxaparin in pediatric cancer patients receiving chemotherapy. Clin. Appl. Thromb. Hemost. 2007; 13:161-165.
- Journal Article, Stine KC, Saylors RL, Saccente S, McClain KL, Becton DL. Efficacy of continuous infusion 2-CDA (Cladribine) in pediatric patients with Langerhans cell histiocytosis. Pediatr. Blood Cancer 2004; 43:81-84.
- Journal Article, Stine KC, Saylors RL, Saccente S, Becton DL. Long-term survival in osteosarcoma patients following retinoblastoma using doxorubicin, cisplatin, and methotrexate. Medical and Pediatric Oncology 2003; 41:77-78.