Robert E. Lyle, M.D.
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Email: LyleRobertE@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1028 Fax: 501-364-4264 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.S., Texas Christian University, 1982
- M.D., University of Texas, 1986
- Fellowship, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Univ of AR for Medical Sciences, 1991-1993
- Transitional Internship, Urology, Univ of AR for Medical Sciences, 1986-1987
- Resident, Pathology, Univ of AR for Medical Sciences, 1988-1988
- Resident, Urology, Univ of AR for Medical Sciences, 1987-1987
- Resident, Pediatrics, Univ of AR for Medical Sciences, 1988-1990
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
Clinical & Research Interests
- Clinical Research, Outcomes Research, New therapies for treatment of pulmonary hypertension in neonates; Treatment strategies and outcomes of infants with complex bronchopulmonary dysplasia; Transitional care of neonates with complex disorders while inpatient and long term follow-up/outcomes
- Best Doctors in America, 2007
- ACH Patient Satisfaction Dean's List, UAMS and ACH, 2008
- 3rd Place Race for Results Award (recognizing innovative programs in health care delivery) ACH Medical Home Program for Special Needs Children Robert Lyle and Patrick Casey, Co-Medical Directors, Child Health Corporation of America (CHCA), 2009
- Journal Article, Burns SA,Lyle RE,Casey PH,Burns KH,Barrett KW,Whiteside-Mansell L The impact of chorioamnionitis on neurodevelopmental outcomes at 3, 8 and 18 years in low-birthweight preterm infants. J Perinatol 2013 Jul 33 (7): 548-52.
- Journal Article, Kuo DZ,Robbins JM,Lyle RE,Barrett KW,Burns KH,Casey PH Parent-reported outcomes of comprehensive care for children with medical complexity. Fam Syst Health 2013 Jun 31 (2): 132-41.
- Journal Article, Prince, A, May, J, Burton, G, Lyle, RE, McGehee, RE, Jr.. Specific degradation of the p130tumor suppressor gene by the 26S proteosome during 3T3-L1 Adipocyte differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2002; 290(3):1066-1071.
- Journal Article, May, JS, Prince, AM, Lyle, RE, McGehee, RE, Jr.. Antisense suppression of p107 inhibits 3T3-L1 adipocyte differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2001; 283(4):837-842.
- Journal Article, Lyle, RE, Kincaid, SC, Bryant, J, Prince, A, McGehee, RE Jr. Human milk contains detectable levels of immunoreactive leptin. Adv Exp Med Biol 2001; 501:87-92.