R. Whit Hall, M.D.
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Email: HallRichardW@uams.edu Phone: 501-686-7560 Fax: 501-686-8937 Address: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences 4301 W. Markham St. Little Rock, AR 72205
- M.D., University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 1973
- B.A., University of Arkansas, 1969
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship, Neonatology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 1990-1993
- Pediatric Residency, Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 1973-1976
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
Clinical & Research Interests
- Clinical Research, Translational Research, Neonatal Pain Research Regionalizational & Outcomes of Neonates
- Best Doctor in America, Best Doctors in America, 2010
- Best Doctor in America, Best Doctors in America/AY Magazine , 2011
- Educational Excellence Awards, UAMS College of Medicine, 2011
- Dean's Educational Excellence Award, UAMS College of Medicine, 2012
- 37th Annual"Citizen of the Year" Award, March of Dimes , 2013
- Executive Board Co-Chair , Ronald McDonald House, 2013
- Committe Chairman , March of Dimes, 2013
- UAMS Council Chair for Patient Experience Council , Pallative Care Committee, 2014
- Committee Chairperson Campaign Steering Committee, Ronald McDonald House , 2014
- Research Pain and Intubation Project, Biomedical Research Excellence, 2015
- Journal Article, Mitchell A., Chang J., Yates C., Hall RW. Challenges, Guidelines, and Systematic Review of Salivary Cortisol Research in Preterm Infants. The e-Journal of Neonatology Research 2012 2(1):44-51.
- Journal Article, Sherry A. Ferguson., Wendy L. ward., Merle G. Paule., R. Whit Hall., K.J.S. Anand. A pilot study of preemptive morphine analgesia in preterm neonates: Effects on head circumference, social behavior, and response latencies in early childhood. Neurotoxicology and Teratology 2012 February; 34(1):47-55.
- Journal Article, R Whit Hall. Anesthesia and Analgesia in the NICU. Seminars in Perinatology 2012 March; 39(1):139-254.
- Journal Article, MS Wingate., J Bronstein., RW Hall., RR Nugent., CL Lowery. Quantifying risks of preterm birth in the Arkansas Medcaid population, 2001-2005. JP 2011 August;
- Journal Article, K.J.S. Anand., Lena Bergqvist., R. Whit Hall., Ricardo Carbajal. Acute Pain Management in Newborn Infants. 2011
- Journal Article, Farst, KJ., Valentine JL., Hall RW. "Drug Testing for Newborn Exposure to Illicit Substances in Pregnancy: Pitfalls and Pearls".. Inter. J of Ped. 2011 May;
- Journal Article, Kanwaljeet J. S. Anand., D. Phil., Cynthis R Rovnaghi., Chaoxuan Dong., Adnan T Bhutta., Richard W Hall. Cytokine Expression in Newborn Brain: Effects of Inflammatory Pain and Ketamine Analgesia. Journal of Pain 2010 July;
- Journal Article, TM Bird., JM Bronstein., Hall RW., CL Lowery., R Nugent. Late Preterm Infants: Birth Outcomes and Health Care Utilization in the First Year. Pediatrics 2010 Aug; 126(2):e311-e319.
- Journal Article, Hall-Barrow J, Hall RW, Burke BL. Telemedicine and Neonatal REgionalization of Care-Ensuring that the Right Baby gets to the Right Nursery. Pediatric Annals 2009 October; 38(10):557-561.
- Journal Article, Hall RW., Hall-Barrow J., Garcia-Rill E. Proceedings of the 11th RCMI International Symposium on Health Disparities. Ethnicity & Disease 2009 19