Gregory B. Sharp, M.D.
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Neurology
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Section Chief, Neurology
- John N. Bornhofen, II Endowed Chair in Pediatric Neurology
Email: SharpGregoryB@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1850 Fax: 501-364-6077 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.S., Arkansas State University, 1980
- M.D., University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 1984
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Psychiatry & Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- The Best Doctors in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2007
- Best Doctors in Arkansas, Arkansas Times, 2007
- The Best Doctors in America, Woodward/White, Inc. 2007, 2008
- John H. Bornhofen, MD Endowed Chair in Child Neurology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 2009
- Best Doctors in America, Woodward/White, Inc, 2009
- Best Doctors in America, Woodward White, 2010
- Best Doctors in America, Woodward White, 2011
- Best Doctors in America, Woodward White, 2013
- Inducted to Alpha Omega Alpha, Alpha Omega Alpha, 2013
- Best Doctors in America, Woodward White, 2015
- Journal Article, Gupta HV., Ramakrishnaiah RH., Sharp GB., Lee RW., Walters WD. A combination of chorea, myoclonus, and dystonia in a patient with pontocerebellar hypoplasia type 2: a video case presentation. Acta Neurol Belg 2015 Dec; 115(4):783-5.
- Journal Article, Sharp GB., Samanta D., Willis E. Options for pharmacoresistant epilepsy in children: when medications don't work. Pediatr Ann 2015 Feb; 44(2):e43-8.
- Journal Article, Samanta D., Willis E., Sharp GB. Absence status after starting clobazam in a patient with syndrome of continuous spike and wave during slow sleep (CSWS). Neurol India 2014 Nov-Dec; 62(6):685-7.
- Journal Article, Bowman SM., Aitken ME., Sharp GB. Disparities in injury death location for people with epilepsy/seizures.. Epilepsy Behav 2010 March ; 17(3):369-72.
- Journal Article, Bowman SM., Aitken ME., Sharp GB. Disparities in hospital outcomes for injured people with epilepsy/seizures.. Epilepsia 2010 January 7;
- Journal Article, Mulkey SB., Glasier CM., El-Nabbout B., W David Walters., Ionita C., McCarthy MH., Sharp GB., Shbarou RM. Nerve root enhancement on spinal MRI in pediatric Guillian-Barre' Syndrome. Pediatric Neurology 2010 43:263-269.
- Journal Article, de los Reyes EC., Sharp GB., Williams JP., Hale SE. Levetiracetam in the Treatment of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome. Pediatric Neurology 2004 30(4):254-256.
- Journal Article, Williams J., Steel C., Sharp GB., de los Reyes E., Phillips T., Bates S., Lange B., Griebel ML. Parental anxiety and quality of life in children with epilepsy.. Epilepsy Behavior 2003 4(5):483-486.
- Journal Article, Williams J., Steel C., Sharp GB., de los Reyes E., Phillips T., Bates S., Lange B., Gribel ML. Anxiety in children with epilepsy.. Epilepsy and Behavior 2003 4(6):729-732.
- Journal Article, Williams J., Lange B., Phillips T., Sharp GB., de los Reyes E., Bates S., Griebel ML., Simpson P. the course of inattentive and hyperactive-impulsive symptoms in children with new onset seizures.. Epilepsy Behavior 2002 3(6):517-521.
Recent Grant Awards
- A Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial with an Open-Label Extension Phase of Perampanel as Adjunctive Treatment in Subjects at Least 2 YO with Inadequately Controlled Seizures Associated with Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome. , EISAI, E2007-G000-338, 2017-01-26 00:00:00-2017-12-31 00:00:00
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, interventional study to assess the safety and efficacy of pharmaceutical Cannabidiol Oral Solution as an adjunctive therapy for treatment of subjects with inadequately controlled Lennox-Gastaut , Insys Therapeutics, Inc., INS011-14-024, 2015-02-17 00:00:00-2018-01-31 00:00:00
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Sage-547 Injection in the Treatment of Subjects with Super-Refractory Status Epilpticus, Sage, 547-SSE-301, 2015-08-01 00:00:00-2017-07-31 00:00:00
- An Open-Label, Multicenter Study with an Extension Phase to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Exposure-Efficacy Relationship of Perampanel Oral Suspension when Administered as an Adjunctive Therap in Pediatric Subjects with Inadequately Controlled Pa, EISAI, E2007-G000-311, 2017-01-26 00:00:00-2017-12-31 00:00:00