James M Robbins, Ph.D.
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry
- Professor, College of Medicine
- Center for Applied Research and Evaluation
- Basic Scientist
Email: RobbinsJamesM@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-3300 Fax: 501-364-1552 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- M.A., Emory University
- Ph.D., Emory University
- B.S., University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Psychiatric Epidemiology, University of Wisconsin, 1978-1981
Clinical & Research Interests
- Clinical Research, Translational Research, Outcomes Research, Outcomes of child health care; neonatal health care; quality of care; National Children's Study; hospital care of children
- Journal Article, Whiteside-Mansell L., Weber J., Moore P., Johnson D., Williams E., Robbins JM., Phillips AB. School bonding in early adolescents: Psychometrics of the Brief Survey of School Bonding. Journal of Early Adolescence 2015 :245-275.
- Journal Article, Kuo DZ., Melguizo-Castro M., Goudie A., Nick TG., Robbins JM., Casey PH. Variation in child health care utilization by medical complexitiy. Maternal and Child Health Journal 2015 :40-48.
- Journal Article, King AJ., Farst KJ., Jaeger MW., Onukwube JI., Robbins JM. Maltreatment-related emergency department visits among children 0 to 3 years old in the United States. Child Maltreatment 2015 :151-161.
- Journal Article, Jaeger MW., Ambadwar PB., King AJ., Onukwube JI., Robbins JM. Emergency care of children with ambulatory care sensitive conditions in the United States. Journal of Emergency Medicine 2015 January;
- Journal Article, Simeone RM., Oster ME., Hobbs CA., Robbins JM., Collins RT., Honein MA. A population-based study of hospital costs for hospitalizations of infants, children and adults with congenital heart defects, Arkansas 2006-2011. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 2015 June;
- Journal Article, Simeone RM., Oster ME., Hobbs CA., Robbins JM., Thomas Collins R., Honein MA. Factors associated with inpatient hospitalizations among patients aged 1 to 64 years with Congenital heart defects, Arkansas 2006 to 2011. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 2015 103:589-596.
- Journal Article, Malik S., Bird TM., Jaquiss RDB., Morrow WR., Robbins JM. Comparison of in-hospital and longer-term outcomes of hybrid and Norwood stage 1 palliation of hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 2015 July;
- Journal Article, Robbins JM., Bridges M., Childers EM., Harris RM., McElfish PA. Lessons from prenatal care provider-based recruitment into the National Children's Study. Pediatrics Reports 2015
- Journal Article, Mosley BS., Bowman CW., Onukwube J., Schaefer GB., Collins RT., Robbins JM. Critical congenital heart defects among infants born in Arkansas hospitals: Implications for newborn screening. Journal of the Arkansas Medical Society 2015
- Journal Article, Dabit JY., Romitti PA., Makelarski JA., Tyler MC., Damiano PC., Druschel CM., Robbins JM., Burnett WB. Examination of mental health status and aggravation level among mothers of children with isolated oral clefts. Cleft Palate-craniofacial Journal 2014 :e80-e87.