Larry D. Evans, Psy.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Email: EvansLarry@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1021 Fax: 501-364-2840 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way, Slot 512-21 Little Rock, AR 72202
- M.A., Central Michigan University, 1983
- Psy.D., Central Michigan University, 1988
- B.A., Methodist College, 1981
- Pre-Doctoral Intern, Behavioral Psychology, Kennedy Institute and Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 1987-1988
Licensure and Board Certification
- Arkansas Psychology Board
- Appointment to the Arkansas Pygmalion Commission on Nontraditional Education, Arkansas Governor, 2009
- Alternate Apple Award: Friend of the Arkansas Association for Alternative Educators, Arkansas Association for Alternative Educators, 2013
- Journal Article, Evans L., Fussell J. Medical status of school-age children that reenter foster care. Child Maltreatment 2008 Dec;
- Journal Article, Evans L. An audiocasette accommodation for the Tests of Adult Basic Education: Initial Validity Evidence. New Horizons in Adult Educ 2005 19(2):24-40.
- Journal Article, Evans, L. The good mental health diet: Therapy and foster parenting. Fostering Families Today 2005; 4(6):46-47.
- Journal Article, Evans L., Scott S., Schulz E. The need for educational assessment of children entering foster care. Child Welfare 2004 83(6):565-580.
- Journal Article, Evans L. Academic achievement of students in foster care: Impeded or improved?. Psych in the Schools 2004 41(5):527-535.
- Journal Article, Evans, L. School's almost out - how to deal with the end of the school year rowdies!. Arkansas Health and Living 2003; 14(3):17.
- Journal Article, Evans, L. Grade retention: The facts about "flunking". Parenting in Arkansas 2002 11(1):20.
- Journal Article, Evans L. Interactional models of learning disabilities: Evidence from students entering foster care. Psych in Schools 2001 38(1):381-390.
- Journal Article, Evans L. Functional school refusal subtypes: Anxiety, avoidance, and malingering. Psych in Schools 2000 37:183-191.