Rebecca L. Liggin, M.D.
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
Email: LigginRebeccaL@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-7524 Fax: 501-364-3480 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1989
- M.D., University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, 1993
- Resident, Emergency Medicine/Pediatrics Residency, Methodist Hospital of Indiana, 1993-1998
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
Clinical & Research Interests
- Clinical Research, Outcomes Research, International Health
- UAMS Dean's List, ACH Patient Satisfaction, UAMS, 2011
- Journal Article, Liggin R. Pearls and Pitfalls to Publications: What to do and what never to do. Polish Journal of Emergency Medicine 2016 Spring-Summer; 9(18):15-17.
- Journal Article, Liggin R. Does A Restricted Fluid Resuscitation Strategy Decrease Mortality in Trauma Patients?. Annals of Emerg Med 2015
- Journal Article, Harrison M., Liggin R. Infant botulism manifesting in an exclusively breast-fed patient: A case report. Journal of Pediatric Neurology 2011 9:383-386.
- Journal Article, Shirm S., Liggin R., Dick R., Graham J. Prehospital preparedness for pediatric mass casualty events. Pediatrics 2007 120 :e756-e761.
- Journal Article, Graham J., Shirm S., Liggin R., Aitken M., Dick R. Mass casualty events at schools: a national preparedness survey. Pediatrics 2006 January; 117:e8-e15.
- Journal Article, W L Ward-Begnoche., M E Aitken., R Liggin., et al. Emergency department screening for risk for post-traumatic stress disorder among injured children. Injury Prevention 2006 12:323-326.
- Journal Article, Abbie Collinsworth., Lawrence Kass., Rebecca Liggin., Berry Brenner. Morbidity and Mortality Rounds: A case of chest and right shoulder pain. Israeli Journal of Emergency Medicine 2006 February; 6(#1)
- Journal Article, Graham J., Liggin R., Shirm S., Nation B., Dick R. Planning for a Mass Casualty Incident in Arkansas Schools. Journal of School Health 2005 75:327-8.
- Journal Article, RM Dick., Liggin R., SW Shirm., J Graham. EMS Preparedness for Mass Casualty Events Involving Children. Academic Emergency Medicine 2004 11(5):559.