Jill Johnson Fussell, M.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Developmental Pediatrics
- Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
Email: FussellJillJ@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1836 Fax: 501-364-3612 Address: Dennis Developmental Center 1301 Wolfe Street Little Rock, AR 72202
- M.D., Univ Of Arkansas For Med Sci, 1997
- Fellowship in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, 2002
- Residency in Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, 2000
- B.S., Louisiana State University, 1993
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- Tenure, UAMS Department of Pediatrics, 2008
- SSPR Young Faculty Award, Southern Society for Pediatric Research, 2008
- Educator of the Year, UAMS Department of Pedicatrics., 2008
- founding member of funded (HRSA/MCHB) research network, DBPeds-Net, and serve on Steering Committee, DBPeds-Net, 2010
- invited member of the ACGME Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics review board, ACGME, 2010
- appointed to AR Governor's Early Childhood Commission, AR legislature, 2012
- Educator of the Year/Educator Emeritus, UAMS Dept of Peds, 2013
- invited member of the Subspecialty Pediatric Investigator Network, Council on Pediatric Subspecialties, 2015
- Journal Article, Bellando J., Fussell J., Lopez M. Autism Speaks Toolkits: Resources for Busy Clinicians.. Clinical Pediatrics 2016 Feb; 55(2):171-5.
- Journal Article, Hansen RL., Blum NJ ., Gahman A., Shults J., DBPNet Steering Committee. Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder by Developmental-Behavioral Pediatricians in Academic Centers: A DBPNet Study.. Pediatrics. 2016 Feb;137 Suppl 2:S79-89 2016 Feb; 137(Suppl 2):S79-89.
- Journal Article, Feldman HM., Blum NJ ., Gahman AE., Shults J., DBPNet Steering Committee. Diagnosis of Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder by Developmental Pediatricians in Academic Centers: A DBPNet Study.. Acad Pediatr 2015 15(3):282-8.
- Journal Article, Conners-Burrow N., McKelvey L., Fussell J. Social Outcomes Associated with Media Viewing Habits of Low-Income Preschool Students. Early Education and Development 2011 22(2):256–273.
- Journal Article, Burns K., Fussell J., Monnikendam C., Schulz E. Part 1: Guideline for Screening of Developmental Delay and Autism Spectrum Disorders. . Journal of the Arkansas Medical Society 2011 107(8):156-158.
- Journal Article, Bellando J., Fussell J. Part 2: Components of a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation for autism spectrum disorders. . Journal of the Arkansas Medical Society 2011 107(9):180-182.
- Journal Article, Melnyk S., Fuchs GJ., Schulz E., Lopez M., Kahler SG., Fussell J., Bellando J., Pavliv O., Rose S., Seidel L., Gaylor DW., James SJ. Metabolic Imbalance Associated with Methylation Dysregulation and Oxidative Damage in Children with Autism. J Autism Dev Disord 2011 Apr 26;
- Journal Article, Fussell J., AAP Committee in Early Childhood, Adoption, and Dependent Care. Policy Statement: The Pediatrician’s Role in Family Support and Family Support Programs. . Pediatrics 2011 128(6):e1680-1684.
- Journal Article, Whiteside-Mansell L., Bradley RH., McKelvey L., Fussell JJ. Parenting: Linking Impacts of Interpartner Conflict to Preschool Children's Social Behavior. Journal of Pediatric Nursing 2009 October; 24:389-400.
- Journal Article, Evans L., Fussell J. Medical Status of School-aged Children Reentering Foster Care. Child Maltreatment 2009 November; 14:382-386.
Recent Grant Awards
- State Implementation Grants for Improving Services for Children and Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other Developmental Disabilities Year 2, HRSA, 5 H6MMC274360200, 2013-09-01 00:00:00-2017-12-31 00:00:00