Amir R. Mian, M.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Hematology and Oncology
Email: MianAmir@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1494 Fax: 501-364-6953 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- M.D., Allama Iqbal Medical College, 1992
- Clinical Fellow, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, 2006
- Staff Physician, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, 2006
- RESIDENT, Beth Israel Medical Center, 2001
- Chief Resident, Beth Israel Medical Center, 2002
- House Officer, Shaukat-Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Center, 1993
- Medical Officer, Shaukat-Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Center, 1994
- RESIDENT, Shaukat-Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Center, 1997
- Research Associate, Advanced Bio-Medical Research Institute, 1998
- Assistant Professor, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- M.S., University of Cincinnati, 2006
- Clinical Fellow, Hematology-Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, 2002-2005
- Resident, Pediatrics, Beth Israel Medical Center, 1998-2001
- Teaching Scholars Program, Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 2008-2010
- M.S., Clinical Epidemiology, University of Cincinnati, 2003-2006
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
Clinical & Research Interests
- Clinical Research, Translational Research, Education Research, Immuno-compromised patients and outcome prediction based on cytokine profile at presentation
- Finalist: Dean's Resident Teacher Award, UAMS, 2007
- Top Doctors. Arkansas Best Physicians, AY Magazine. Arkansas Times. , 2011
- The Best Doctors in America, Best Doctors (Pediatric Hematology-Oncology), 2011
- Hyundai Scholar-Hope on Wheels, Hyundai Motor Company, USA. Grant: $40,000, 2011
- Top Doctors in Arkansas, AY Magazine Annual List-Best Physicians, 2012
- The Best Doctors in America, Best Doctors, 2012
- The Best Doctors in America, Best Doctors in America, 2013
- The Best Doctors In America, The Best Doctors In America, 2015
- Journal Article, Treatment of neuroblastoma in congenital central hypoventilation syndrome with a PHOX2B polyalanine repeat expansion mutation: New twist on a neurocristopathy syndrome.. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2015 June; 62(5)
- Journal Article, Standardized process used in the emergency department for pediatric oncology patients with fever and neutropenia improves time to the first dose of antibiotics.. Pediatr Emerg Care 2014 30
- Journal Article, Multidisciplinary Approach to Reduction of Central Line Associated Blood Stream Infections (CLABSI): An Institutional Experience with Collaborative Guidelines. . The Journal of the Arkansas Medical Society. 2013 2012;109(7):128-131;
- Journal Article, Amir Mian ., David Becton., Xinyu Tang., Laura James., Robert Saylors., Parthak Prodham. Predictive biomarkers of clinical outcome for fever neutropenia events in children with cancer. Pediatric Blood and Cancer 2012 August; 59 (2):538-45.
- Journal Article, Amir Mian . A Child with Possible Malignancy: An Approach for Primary Care Physicians. Journal of Arkansas Medical Society 2010 106(11):267-268.
- Journal Article, Amir Mian ., David Becton., Douglas Blackall. Index of Suspicion: Case Report. Peds in Review 2009 April; 30:139-145.
- Journal Article, A Trizzino., U Stadt., K Risma., G Janka., A Mian., E Ishii., J Sumegi., A Santoro., A Filipovich., M Arico. Genotype-Phenotype study of familial haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis due to perforin mutation. J Med Genetics 2008 45:15-21.
- Journal Article, A Trizzino., U Stadt, ., K Risma., A Mian., G Janka., A Filipovich., M Aricò. Genotype–phenotype study of familial haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis due to perforin mutations. Journal of Medical Genetics 2008 (45):15-21..
Recent Grant Awards
- CCLIP: Community Central Line Infection Prevention Trial (Sub-Award), DHHS/AHRQ, 2014-10-01 00:00:00-2017-09-30 00:00:00
- CCLIP: Community Central Line Infection Prevention Trial (Sub-Award), DHHS/AHRQ, 2014-10-01 00:00:00-2018-09-30 00:00:00
- PCORI Home or Away from Home, PCORI, 2015-09-01 00:00:00-2018-08-31 00:00:00