Beatrice Boateng, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Office of Education
- Basic Scientist
Email: BBoateng@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-4462 Fax: 501-364-2880 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- Masters of Arts, Ohio University, 2002
- Ph.D., Ohio University, 2007
- Notable poster for: Torralba KD, Ben-Ari R, Quismorio FP, Boateng BA. Team-Based Learning in Rheumatology education of Internal Medicine residents, ACR/ARHP Annual Scientific Meeting, 2009
- Educator of the Year, Department of Pediatrics, UAMS, 2010
- Department of Pediatrics Leadership Institute, UAMS - Department of Pediatrics, 2011
- UAMS Leadership Institute, UAMS, 2011
- Educational Technology Excellence Award , UAMS, 2012
- Educator of the Year Award, Department of Pediatrics, 2012
- 2012 Blackboard Catalyst Award (Professional Development Category). Part of a team that received the award. Walker L., Green A., Huett A., Boateng B, Jeffs D., Lowe G., Pate B. , Blackboard, 2012
- 2nd place poster award - for work related to the EBP Academy online with Walker L., Green A., Huett A., Boateng B, Jeffs D., Lowe G., Pate B., The Society of Pediatric Nurses , 2012
- Educator of the Year Award - Emeritus, UAMS - Department of Pediatrics, 2015
- Journal Article, Dawkins, R., King WD., Boateng BA., Nichols M., Desselle BC. Pediatric Residents’ Perceptions of Potential Professionalism Violations on Social Media: A US National Survey. JMIR 2017 January; 3(1)
- Journal Article, Boateng BA., Nelson MK., Huett A., Meaux JB., Pye S., Schmid B., Berg A., LaPorte K., Riley L., Green A. Online Focus Groups with Parents And Adolescents with Heart Transplants: Challenges and Opportunities. Pediatr Nurs. 2016 May-Jun; 42(3):120-123.
- Journal Article, Woods JL ., Pasold TL., Boateng BA., Hensel DJ. Adolescent Medicine and the Medical Student: Effect of Learning Method on Self-Efficacy, Knowledge and Communication. Int. Journal Med. Ed. 2014 (5):165 - 172.
- Journal Article, Meaux J., Green A., Nelson MK., Huett A., Boateng BA., Pye S., Schmid B., Berg A., LaPorte K., Riley L. Transition to Self-Management after Pediatric Heart Transplant. Progress in Transplantation 2014 September; 24(3)
- Journal Article, Kennedy JL., Jones SM., Porter N., White ML., Gephardt G., Hill T., Cantrell MJ., Smith CE., Boateng BA., Perry TT., Scurlock AM., Thompson TM. High-fidelity hybrid simulation of allergic emergencies demonstrates improved preparedness for office emergencies in pediatric allergy clinics.. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice. 2013 November; 1(6):608-617.e14.
- Journal Article, Woods JL., Pasold TL., Boateng BA., Hensel DJ. Adolescent Health Care and the Trainee: Roles of Self-Efficacy, Standardized Patients, and an Adolescent Medicine Rotation.. Simulation in Healthcare 2013 December ; 8(6):359–367.
- Journal Article, Brown C., Gephardt G., Lloyd C., Swearingen C., Boateng BA. Improving Resident Self-efficacy in Pediatric Palliative Care through Clinical Simulation. . Journal of palliative care 2012 28(3):157-63.
- Journal Article, Boateng BA. Should Generational Characteristics be considered in Instructional Methods? The Instructional Preferences of Millennials and its Implications for Medical Education . Internet Journal of Medical Education 2011 2(1)
- Journal Article, Brown C., Gephardt G., Lloyd C., Swearingen C., Boateng BA. Teaching Palliative Care Skills Using Simulated Family Encounters. MedEd Portal 2011 November; 8507(www.mededportal.org/publication/8507)
- Journal Article, Pasold TL., Boateng BA., Portilla MG. The Use of a Parent Support Group in the Outpatient Treatment of Children and Adolescents with Eating Disorders.. Eating Disorders: The journal of Treatment and Prevention 2010 July; 18(4):318-332.