R. Terry Pivik, Ph.D.
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Developmental Nutrition
- Basic Scientist
Email: PivikTerry@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-3346 Fax: 501-364-3947 Address: Arkansas Children's Nutrition Center 15 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- Ph.D., Stanford University, 1970
Clinical & Research Interests
- Clinical Research, Influence of nutrition on: early physiologic and cognitive development and information processing; information processing in preadolescent and adolescent children
- Journal Article, Ou X,Andres A,Pivik RT,Cleves MA,Snow JH,Ding Z,Badger TM Voxel-Based Morphometry and fMRI Revealed Differences in Brain Gray Matter in Breastfed and Milk Formula-Fed Children. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2016 Apr 37 (4): 713-9.
- Journal Article, Pivik RT,Andres A,Tennal KB,Gu Y,Cleves MA,Badger TM Infant diet, gender and the development of vagal tone stability during the first two years of life. Int J Psychophysiol 2015 May 96 (2): 104-14.
- Journal Article, Ou X,Andres A,Pivik RT,Cleves MA,Badger TM Brain gray and white matter differences in healthy normal weight and obese children. J Magn Reson Imaging 2015 Apr 10.
- Journal Article, Ou X,Andres A,Cleves MA,Pivik RT,Snow JH,Ding Z,Badger TM Sex-specific association between infant diet and white matter integrity in 8-y-old children. Pediatr Res 2014 Dec 76 (6): 535-43.
- Journal Article, Pivik RT,Andres A,Tennal KB,Gu Y,Armbya N,Cleves MA,Badger TM Infant diet, gender and the normative development of vagal tone and heart period during the first two years of life. Int J Psychophysiol 2013 Dec 90 (3): 311-20.
- Journal Article, Andres A,Cleves MA,Bellando JB,Pivik RT,Casey PH,Badger TM Developmental status of 1-year-old infants fed breast milk, cow's milk formula, or soy formula. Pediatrics 2012 Jun 129 (6): 1134-40.
- Journal Article, Pivik RT,Tennal KB,Chapman SD,Gu Y Eating breakfast enhances the efficiency of neural networks engaged during mental arithmetic in school-aged children. Physiol Behav 2012 Jun 25 106 (4): 548-55.
- Journal Article, Pivik RT,Andres A,Badger TM Effects of diet on early stage cortical perception and discrimination of syllables differing in voice-onset time: a longitudinal ERP study in 3 and 6 month old infants. Brain Lang 2012 Jan 120 (1): 27-41.
- Journal Article, Pivik RT,Andres A,Badger TM Diet and gender influences on processing and discrimination of speech sounds in 3- and 6-month-old infants: a developmental ERP study. Dev Sci 2011 Jul 14 (4): 700-12.
- Journal Article, Li J,Dykman RA,Jing H,Gilchrist JM,Badger TM,Pivik RT Cortical responses to speech sounds in 3- and 6-month-old infants fed breast milk, milk formula, or soy formula. Dev Neuropsychol 2010 35 (6): 762-84.