Carrie M. Brown, M.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- General Pediatrics
Email: BrownCarrieM@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1028 Fax: 501-364-4264 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- M.D., Ross University School of Medicine, 2000
- Bachelor of Science, University of California Davis, 1996
- Intern/Resident, Pediatrics, Iowa Methodist Medical Center - Raymond Blank Children's Hospital, 2000-2003
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
Clinical & Research Interests
- Clinical Research, Education Research, Palliative Care; Resident education; ESWOG (educational work group)
- Arkansas' Top Physcicians 2010 Hospice and Palliataive Medicine Finalist, Arkansas Life, 2010
- Educational Excellence Award, UAMS College of Medicine, 2011
- Clara Allen Diamond Award, The Allen Family, 2016
- Journal Article, Sandel, M., Suther, E., Brown C., Wise, M., Hansen, M. The MLP Vital Sign: Assessing and Managing Legal Needs in the Healthcare Setting. Journal of Legal Medicine 2014 March; 35(1):41-56.
- Journal Article, Hallarman L., Snow D., Kapor M., Brown C., Rodabaugh K., Lawton E. Blueprint for Success: Translating Innovations from the Field of Palliative Medicine to the Medical Legal Partnership. The Journal of Legal Medicine 2014 March; 35(1):179-194.
- Journal Article, Bailey, P., Brown, C., Casey, P., Breaux, A. An Overview of the Medical Home Clinic for Special Needs Children at a Tertiary Care Center in Regard to the Role of the Registered Dietitian. ICAN 2012 4(1):32-34.
- Journal Article, Brown C., Lloyd E., Swearingen C., Boateng B. Improving Resident Self Efficacy in Pediatric Palliative Care through Clinical Simulation. Journal of Palliative Care 2012 28(3):157-163.
- Journal Article, Brown C., Gephardt G., Lloyd C., Swearingen C., Boateng B. Teaching Palliative Care Skills Using Simulated Family Encounters. MedEdPortal 2011 November; 8057
- Journal Article, Patrick H. Casey, MD., Robert E. Lyle, MD., Tommy M. Bird, MS., James M. Robbins, PhD., Dennis Z. Kuo, MD, MHS., Carrie Brown, MD., Arti Lal, MD., Aline Tanios, MD., Katherine Burns, MD ., Brown . Effect of Hospital-Based Comprehensive Care Clinic on Health Costs for Medicaid-Insured Medically Complex Children. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2011 February; doi:10.1001(2011.5):E1-E7.