Venkat Laxmi Yeruva, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, College of Medicine
- Assistant Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Developmental Nutrition
- Basic Scientist
Email: VLYeruva@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-2419 Fax: 501-364-3173 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute 13 Children's Way, Room 2052 Little Rock, AR 72202
- Ph.D., University of Nevada Las Vegas, 2007
- Post doctoral fellow, Chlamydial Pathogeneis in animal models, Arkansas Childrens Hospital Research Institute, 2010-2011
- Post doctoral fellow, Hepatitis C Virus - Enzyme Kinetics, UAMS, 2007-2010
- Best Poster award in postdoctoral division, UAMS Student Research Week, 2009
- Best Poster award in postdoctoral division at SERYM meeting, Sout East Regional Yeast Meeting, 2010, 2010
- Yeruva L, Spencer N, Bowlin AK, Wang Y, Rank RG; Chlamydial infection of the gastrointestinal tract: a reservoir for persistent infection. Pathog Dis 2013 Aug 68 (3): 88 95. This article was chosen by the editor to highlight in the Journal website, Pathogens and Disease, 2013
- AAI Early Career Faculty Travel award, American Association of Immunologists, 2014
- Rank RG, Yeruva L; Hidden in plain sight: chlamydial gastrointestinal infection and its relevance to persistence in human genital infection. Infect Immun 2014 Apr 82 (4): 1362 71. This article is chosen for internaitonal press release in microbe news letter. It was also chosen for commentary by reuters, smithsonian website. This was selected as presidents choice article for Feb 2014 month., ASM, 2014
- Best Poster Award at UAMS Student Research Week for presenting the research work titled "Formula milk dependent microbial diversity in porcine colon and association to morphology and immune response" , 2016
- Journal Article, Spencer NE., Saraf MK., Hennings L., Bowlin AK., Cleves MA., Mercer K., Chintapalli SV., Shankar K,., Rank RG., Badger TM., Ronis MJ. Formula diet alters small intestine morphology, microbial abundance and reduces VE-cadherin and IL-10 expression in neonatal porcine model.. 2016 March; 16(40)
- Journal Article, Lowden NM., Yeruva L., Johnson CM., Bowlin AK., Fisher DJ. Use of aminoglycoside 3' adenyltransferase as a selection marker for Chlamydia trachomatis intron-mutagenesis and in vivo intron stability.. BMC Research Notes 2015 Oct; 8(570)
- Journal Article, Rank RG,Yeruva L An alternative scenario to explain rectal positivity in Chlamydia-infected individuals. Clin Infect Dis 2015 May 15 60 (10): 1585-6.
- Journal Article, Jasper DK,Sigar IM,Schripsema JH,Sainvil CK,Smith CL,Yeruva L,Rank RG,Murthy AK,Widder JR,Ramsey KH Genomic variant representation in a Chlamydia population is dynamic and adaptive with dependence on in vitro and in vivo passage. Pathog Dis 2015 Feb 73 (1): 1-12.
- Journal Article, Craig AP,Kong FY,Yeruva L,Hocking JS,Rank RG,Wilson DP,Donovan B Is it time to switch to doxycycline from azithromycin for treating genital chlamydial infections in women? Modelling the impact of autoinoculation from the gastrointestinal tract to the genital tract. BMC Infect Dis 2015 15 200.
- Journal Article, Yeruva L., Bowlin AK., Spencer N., Maurelli AT., Rank RG. Chlamydial variants differ in their ability to ascend the genital tract in the guinea pig model of chlamydial genital infection.. Infect Immun 2015 Aug;
- Journal Article, Yeruva L,Myers GS,Spencer N,Creasy HH,Adams NE,Maurelli AT,McChesney GR,Cleves MA,Ravel J,Bowlin A,Rank RG Early microRNA expression profile as a prognostic biomarker for the development of pelvic inflammatory disease in a mouse model of chlamydial genital infection. MBio 2014 5 (3): e01241-14.
- Journal Article, Rank RG,Yeruva L Hidden in plain sight: chlamydial gastrointestinal infection and its relevance to persistence in human genital infection. Infect Immun 2014 Apr 82 (4): 1362-71.
- Journal Article, Zhang Y,Yeruva L,Marinov A,Prantner D,Wyrick PB,Lupashin V,Nagarajan UM The DNA sensor, cyclic GMP-AMP synthase, is essential for induction of IFN-beta during Chlamydia trachomatis infection. J Immunol 2014 Sep 1 193 (5): 2394-404.
- Journal Article, Yeruva L,Melnyk S,Spencer N,Bowlin A,Rank RG Differential susceptibilities to azithromycin treatment of chlamydial infection in the gastrointestinal tract and cervix. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2013 Dec 57 (12): 6290-4.
Recent Grant Awards
- Chlamydia trachomatis Infection: biomarkers for predicting upper tract disease in asymptomatic and symptomatic women, CUMG, 2016-02-12 00:00:00-2018-02-11 00:00:00
- Chlamydial pathogenesis in mouse model: markers to predict upper tract pathology, ACHRI/ABI, 2017-01-01 00:00:00-2017-12-31 00:00:00