Shelley E. Crary, M.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Hematology and Oncology
Email: SECrary@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1494 Fax: 501-364-3634 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- MD, Tulane University School of Medicine, 2000
- B.A. (Honors), Washington University, 1996
- M. S. , UT Southwestern Graduate School, 2009
- Resident, Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2000-2003
- Fellow, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, Univ of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 2003-2006
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- Journal Article, Englum BR,Rothman J,Leonard S,Reiter A,Thornburg C,Brindle M,Wright N,Heeney MM,Jason Smithers C,Brown RL,Kalfa T,Langer JC,Cada M,Oldham KT,Scott JP,St Peter SD,Sharma M,Davidoff AM,Nottage K,Bernabe K,Wilson DB,Dutta S,Glader B,Crary SE,Dassinger MS,Dunbar L,Islam S,Kumar M,Rescorla F,Bruch S,Campbell A,Austin M,Sidonio R,Blakely ML,Rice HE Hematologic outcomes after total splenectomy and partial splenectomy for congenital hemolytic anemia. J Pediatr Surg 2016 Jan 51 (1): 122-7.
- Journal Article, Estepp JH,Melloni C,Thornburg CD,Wiczling P,Rogers Z,Rothman JA,Green NS,Liem R,Brandow AM,Crary SE,Howard TH,Morris MH,Lewandowski A,Garg U,Jusko WJ,Neville KA Pharmacokinetics and bioequivalence of a liquid formulation of hydroxyurea in children with sickle cell anemia. J Clin Pharmacol 2016 Mar 56 (3): 298-306.
- Journal Article, Rice HE,Englum BR,Rothman J,Leonard S,Reiter A,Thornburg C,Brindle M,Wright N,Heeney MM,Smithers C,Brown RL,Kalfa T,Langer JC,Cada M,Oldham KT,Scott JP,St Peter S,Sharma M,Davidoff AM,Nottage K,Bernabe K,Wilson DB,Dutta S,Glader B,Crary SE,Dassinger MS,Dunbar L,Islam S,Kumar M,Rescorla F,Bruch S,Campbell A,Austin M,Sidonio R,Blakely ML Clinical outcomes of splenectomy in children: report of the splenectomy in congenital hemolytic anemia registry. Am J Hematol 2015 Mar 90 (3): 187-92.
- Journal Article, Mathew, S., Buchanan, GR., Crary, S. . Medical and Quality of Life Indications for Splenectomy in Children with Hereditary Spherocytosis. J Ped Hem Onc 2013 Aug; 35(6):430-433.
- Journal Article, Plummer, E., Crary, SE., Buchanan, GB. Prominent Forehead Hematomas (“Goose-eggs”) as an Initial Manifestation of Hemophilia. J Peds 2013 Dec; 163(3):1781-1783.
- Journal Article, Plummer, ES., Crary, SE., McCavit, TL., Buchanan, GB. Intravenous Low Molecular Weight Iron Dextran in Children with Iron Deficiency Anemia Unresponsive to Oral Iron. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2013 Nov; 60(11):1747-1752.
- Journal Article, Chen, K., Neunert, CE., Crary, SE., Buchanan, GR. Hemolytic Non-Uremic Syndrome. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2012 July; 59(1):167-169.
- Journal Article, Rice, H., Crary, SE., Langer JC., on behalf of Splenectomy in Congenital Hemolytic Anemia Consortium. Comparative effectiveness of different types of splenectomy for children with congenital hemolytic anemias. J Pediatr 2012 Apr; 160:684-689.
- Journal Article, Crary, SE., Ramaciotti, C., Buchanan, GR. Prevalence of Pulmonary Hypertension in Hereditary Spherocytosis. Amer J Hematol 2011 December; 86:E73–E76.
- Journal Article, Crary, SE., Hall, K., Buchanan, GR. Intravenous Iron Sucrose for Children with Iron Deficiency Failing to Respond to Oral Iron Therapy. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2011 56:615-619.
Recent Grant Awards
- A Phase II, Multicenter, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind 12 Month Study to Assess Safety and Efficacy of SelG1 with or without Hydroxyurea Therapy in Sickle Cell Disease, Quintiles, SelG1-00005, 2013-10-03 00:00:00-2017-06-30 00:00:00
- Crary General Research Account, 2014-06-26 00:00:00-2020-12-31 00:00:00
- Multicenter, open-label, active-controlled, randomized study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of an age-and body weight-adjusted rivaroxaban regimen compared to standard of care in children with acute venous thromboembolism., Bayer, 14372-14001, 2015-01-13 00:00:00-2017-12-31 00:00:00