Anthony Goudie, Ph.D., MSPH
- Assistant Professor, College of Public Health
- Assistant Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Center for Applied Research and Evaluation
- Basic Scientist
Email: AGoudie@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-3337 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- Ph.D., University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2008
- M.Sc., University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2002
- B.A., Memorial University of Newfoundland, 2001
- B.Sc., Memorial University of Newfoundland, 2001
- Lister Hill Center Health Policy Fellowship, Lister Hill Center for Health Policy, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2008
- Academic Pediatric Association Young Investigator Award, Academic Pediatric Association, 2010
- Marion B. Lyon New Scientist Development Award, Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute, 2011
- Children’s University Medical Group (CUMG) Grant, Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute/ University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 2012
- KL2 Scholar Award, Translational Research Institute, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 2012
- Journal Article, Goudie A., Dynan L., Brady PW., Fieldston E., Brilli RJ., Walsh KE. Costs of Venous Thromboembolism, Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection, and Pressure Ulcer. Pediatrics 2015 Aug;
- Journal Article, Kuo DZ., Melguizo-Castro M., Goudie A., Nick TG., Robbins JM., Casey PH. Variation in Health Care Utilization by Medical Complexity. Maternal Child Health J 2015 19(1):40-48.
- Journal Article, Goudie A., Narcisse MR., Hall DE., Kuo DZ. Financial and Psychological Stressors Associated with Caring for Children with Disability. Families, Systems and Health 2014 April ;
- Journal Article, Goudie A., Dynan L., Brady PW., Rettiganti MR. Attributable Cost and Length of Stay for Central-Line Associated Blood Stream Infections. Pediatrics 2014 June; 133(6):e1525-32.
- Journal Article, Kuo DZ., Goudie A., Cohen E., Houtrow A., Agrawal R., Carle A., Wells N. Inequities in Health Care Needs for Children with Medical Complexity. Health Affair 2014 Dec;
- Journal Article, Goudie A., Havercamp S., Jamieson B., Sahr T. Assessing Functional Impairment in Siblings Living with Children with Disability. Pediatrics 2013 132(2):e476-e483.
- Journal Article, Nylund CM., Goudie A., Garza JM., Denson LA. Venous Thrombotic Events in Hospitalized Children and Adolescents with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2013 56:485-491.
- Journal Article, Dynan L., Goudie A., Smith R., Fairbrother G., Simpson LA. Differences in inpatient pediatric quality of care among non-safety-net, safety-net and Children’s hospitals. Pediatrics 2013 131(2):304-11.
- Journal Article, Muething SE., Goudie A., Schoettker PJ., Donnelly LF., Goodfriend MA., Bracke TM., Brady PW., Wheeler DS., Anderson JM., Kotagal UR. Quality improvement initiative to reduce serious safety events and improve patient safety culture at an academic children's hospital. Pediatrics 2012 130(2):423-431.
- Journal Article, Goudie A., Carle AC. Ohio study shows that insurance coverage is critical for children with special health care needs as they transition to adulthood. Health Affairs 2011 December; 30(12):2382-2390.
Recent Grant Awards
- ACHI Child Obesity Longitudinal Linked Database Project, ACHRI, 2016-11-01 00:00:00-2017-10-31 00:00:00