Debopam Samanta, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Email: DSamanta@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1850 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- M.B., B.S., Kolkata medical College, 2004
- M.D., Maulana Azad Medical College, 2007
- Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship, Clinical Neurophysiology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 2013-2014
- Pediatric Neurology Residency, Pediatric Neurologo, University of Virginia Medical Center, 2008-2011
- Pediatric Residency, Pediatrics, University of Virginia Medical Center, 2011-2013
- Chief Resident, Neurology, University of Virginia Medical Center, 2010-2011
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Psychiatry & Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- USMLE Step 1 Score - 99, 2007
- USMLE, Step 2 CK Score - 99, 2008
- Travel grant for Child Neurology Society meeting, VCU Medical Center, 2010
- Travel Grant for Pediatric Epilepsy Seminar at Prvidence., VCU Medical Center, 2010
- USMLE - Step 3 Score - 99, 2011
- Annual meeting Resident Scholarship, American Academy of Neurology (AAN), 2011
- Top scorer of the residency in-training exam. 99 percentile score among all trainees in the USA., University of Virginia, 2011
- Highest Academic Achievement Award, University of virginia Awarded by the Neurology Department., 2011
- Journal Article, Samanta D., Willis E. Focal seizure associated with human parvovirus B19 infection in a non-encephalopathic child. World J Pediatr 2016 Feb; 12(1):118-20.
- Journal Article, Samanta D. A girl with "weakness": can hyperventilation from crying give a clue to the diagnosis?. Pediatr Neurol 2016 Jan; 54:95-6.
- Journal Article, Samanta D. Severe developmental delay and complete agenesis of corpus callosum in a Noonan syndrome patient with SOS1 mutation.. Acta Neurol Belg 2016 Jun; 116(2):223-4.
- Journal Article, Samanta D. Acneiform Lesion: Importance of Detailed Skin Examination. Indian J Pediatr 2016 May; 83(5):485-6.
- Journal Article, Samanta D. Contactin-associated protein-like (CNTNAP) 2 gene mutation in a patient with bilateral schizencephaly.. Acta Neurol Belg. 2016 May; 27
- Journal Article, Samanta D. Infantile spasms in Williams-Beuren syndrome with typical deletions of the 7q11.23 critical region and a review of the literature.. Acta neurol Belg. 2016 April; 9
- Journal Article, Samanta D., Bosanko KB., Zarate YA. An infant with ash-leaf and cafe' au lait spots: a case of double phakomatosis.. Acta Neurol Belg. 2016 April; 4
- Journal Article, Samanta D. Epilepsy with PCDH19 mutation masquerading as benign partial epilepsy in infancy.. Neurol India 2016 Mar-Apr; 64(2):327-8.
- Journal Article, Samanta D. A 15-year-old with seizures: late diagnosis of pyridoxine-dependent epilepsy.. Acta Neurol Belg. 2016 Mar; 4
- Journal Article, Samanta D., Gokden M., Albert GW. Absence of seizures in Rasmussen encephalitis with active inflammation.. J. Clini Neurosci 2016 Jun; 28:175-8.
Recent Grant Awards
- An Open-Label, Phase I, Pharmacokinetic Study of Single Doses of Intranasal Midazolam in Pediatric Subjects with Epilepsy, Upsher-Smith Lab, P261-202, 2015-06-01 00:00:00-2017-05-31 00:00:00