Sean H. Adams, Ph.D.
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Developmental Nutrition
- Basic Scientist
Email: SHAdams@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-2785 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 15 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1994
- M.S., University of California, 1990
- B.A., California State University, 1988
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Pediatrics, Univ. of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 1995-1998
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Pediatrics, University of Barcelona, 1994-1995
- Future Leader Award, International Life Sciences Institute (ILSI) North America, 2009
- Journal Article, Piccolo BD,Graham JL,Stanhope KL,Fiehn O,Havel PJ,Adams SH Plasma amino acid and metabolite signatures tracking diabetes progression in the UCD-T2DM rat model. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2016 Jun 1 310 (11): E958-69.
- Journal Article, Kieffer DA,Piccolo BD,Vaziri ND,Liu S,Lau WL,Khazaeli M,Nazertehrani S,Moore ME,Marco ML,Martin RJ,Adams SH Resistant starch alters gut microbiome and metabolomic profiles concurrent with amelioration of chronic kidney disease in rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2016 May 1 310 (9): F857-71.
- Journal Article, McCoin CS,Piccolo BD,Knotts TA,Matern D,Vockley J,Gillingham MB,Adams SH Unique plasma metabolomic signatures of individuals with inherited disorders of long-chain fatty acid oxidation. J Inherit Metab Dis 2016 May 39 (3): 399-408.
- Journal Article, Kieffer DA., Martin RJ., Adams SH. Impact of dietary fibers on nutrient management and detoxification organs: gut, liver, and kidneys. Advances in Nutrition 2016 August; in press
- Journal Article, Fang N., Yu S., Adams SH., Ronis MJJ., Badger TM. Profile of urinary bile acids in piglets by a combination of enzymatic deconjugation and targeted LC-MRM-MS. J. Lipid Research 2016 In press;
- Journal Article, Bedinger DH,Adams SH Metabolic, anabolic, and mitogenic insulin responses: A tissue-specific perspective for insulin receptor activators. Mol Cell Endocrinol 2015 Nov 5 415 143-56.
- Journal Article, McCoin CS,Knotts TA,Adams SH Acylcarnitines--old actors auditioning for new roles in metabolic physiology. Nat Rev Endocrinol 2015 Oct 11 (10): 617-25.
- Journal Article, Meissen JK,Hirahatake KM,Adams SH,Fiehn O Temporal metabolomic responses of cultured HepG2 liver cells to high fructose and high glucose exposures. Metabolomics 2015 Jun 1 11 (3): 707-721.
- Journal Article, Piccolo BD,Keim NL,Fiehn O,Adams SH,Van Loan MD,Newman JW Habitual physical activity and plasma metabolomic patterns distinguish individuals with low vs. high weight loss during controlled energy restriction. J Nutr 2015 Apr 145 (4): 681-90.
- Journal Article, Piccolo BD,Comerford KB,Karakas SE,Knotts TA,Fiehn O,Adams SH Whey protein supplementation does not alter plasma branched-chained amino acid profiles but results in unique metabolomics patterns in obese women enrolled in an 8-week weight loss trial. J Nutr 2015 Apr 145 (4): 691-700.
Recent Grant Awards
- Dietary Influences on Infant/Child Health and Development - Brain, USDA, 2013-08-01 00:00:00-2018-07-31 00:00:00
- Dietary Influences on Infant/Child Health and Development - Phyto, USDA, 2013-08-01 00:00:00-2018-07-31 00:00:00
- Sean Adams - ACHRI Recruitment ABI Funds, ACHRI/ABI, 2014-10-01 00:00:00-2017-09-30 00:00:00
- Sean Adams - ACHRI Recruitment SAF Funds , ACHRI, 2014-10-01 00:00:00-2017-09-30 00:00:00