Brian D. Piccolo, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Developmental Nutrition
- Basic Scientist
Email: BDPiccolo@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-3052 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 15 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.S., Bastyr University, 2006
- Ph.D., UC Davis, 2012
- Postdoctoral Associate/Research Biologist, Pediatrics, Western Human Nutrition Research Center, 2013-2015
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Metabolomics, Pediatrics, UC Davis Genome Center, University of California, Davis, 2013-2013
- Peter J. Shields and Henry A. Jastro Research Award, UC Davis, 2009
- FACE Grant for Continuing Students, UC Davis, 2009
- Expansion Grant for Continuing Students, UC Davis, 2009
- Journal Article, McCoin CS,Piccolo BD,Knotts TA,Matern D,Vockley J,Gillingham MB,Adams SH Unique plasma metabolomic signatures of individuals with inherited disorders of long-chain fatty acid oxidation. J Inherit Metab Dis 2016 May 39 (3): 399-408.
- Journal Article, Piccolo BD,Graham JL,Stanhope KL,Fiehn O,Havel PJ,Adams SH Plasma amino acid and metabolite signatures tracking diabetes progression in the UCD-T2DM rat model. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2016 Jun 1 310 (11): E958-69.
- Journal Article, Kieffer DA,Piccolo BD,Vaziri ND,Liu S,Lau WL,Khazaeli M,Nazertehrani S,Moore ME,Marco ML,Martin RJ,Adams SH Resistant starch alters gut microbiome and metabolomic profiles concurrent with amelioration of chronic kidney disease in rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2016 May 1 310 (9): F857-71.
- Journal Article, Piccolo BD,Keim NL,Fiehn O,Adams SH,Van Loan MD,Newman JW Habitual physical activity and plasma metabolomic patterns distinguish individuals with low vs. high weight loss during controlled energy restriction. J Nutr 2015 Apr 145 (4): 681-90.
- Journal Article, Piccolo BD,Comerford KB,Karakas SE,Knotts TA,Fiehn O,Adams SH Whey protein supplementation does not alter plasma branched-chained amino acid profiles but results in unique metabolomics patterns in obese women enrolled in an 8-week weight loss trial. J Nutr 2015 Apr 145 (4): 691-700.
Recent Grant Awards
- Recovering the obese gut microbiome and metabolome through physical activity., CUMG, 2016-07-13 00:00:00-2018-07-12 00:00:00