Richard E. Frye, M.D., Ph.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Email: REFrye@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-4662 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute 13 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.A., C.W. Post of Long Island University, 1986
- M.S., Drexel University, 1991
- Ph.D., Georgetown University, 1998
- M.D., Georgetown University, 1998
- Resident , Pediatrics, Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1998-2000
- Resident, Pediatric Neurology, Children's Hospital Boston, 2000-2003
- Fellow , Behavioral Neurology and Learning Disabilities, Children's Hospital Boston, 2003-2005
- Research Fellow, Psychology, Boston University, 2004-2005
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Arkansas Biomedical Institute New Investigator Award, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, 2013
- Journal Article, Frye, R.E., James, S.J. Potential metabolic markers of autism spectrum disorder.. Biomarkers in Medicine 2014 8; 3:321-30.
- Journal Article, Rose, S., Frye, R.E., Slattery, J., Melnyk, S., Wynne, R., Tippett, M., James, S.J. Oxidative Stress Induces Mitochondrial Dysfunction in a Subset of Autism Lymphoblastoid Cell Lines in a Well-Matched Case Control Cohort. PLOS One 2014 January; 8(9):1.
- Journal Article, Rossignol, D.A., Genus, S., Frye, R.E. Environmental toxicants and autism spectrum disorders: A system review.. Translational Psychiatry 2014 (4)
- Journal Article, Frye, R.E., Melnyk, S., Fuchs, G., Reid, T., Jernigan, S., Pavliv, O., Hubanks, A., Gaylor, D.W., Walters, L., James, S.J. Effectiveness of methylcobalamin and folinic acid treatment on adaptive behavior in children with autistic disorder is related to gluthathione redox status.. Autism Research and Treatment 2013 October 12;
- Journal Article, Frye, R.E. . A Lack of statistical pitfalls in the comparison of multivariate causality measures for effective causality. Computers in Biology and Medicine 2013 43:962-965.
- Journal Article, Hasan, K.M., Walimuni, I.S., Frye, R.E. Global and Regional Multimodal Neuroimaging Markers of the Neurobiology of Autism: Development and Cognition. Journal of Child Neurology 2013 28(874-85)
- Journal Article, Frye, R.E., DeLaTorre, R., Taylor, H., Slattery, J., ., Melnyk, S., James, S.J. Redox Metabolism Abnormalities in Autistic Children Associated with Mitochondrial Disease.. Translational Psychiatry 2013 3:e273.
- Journal Article, Ellmore, T.M., Li, H., Xue, Z., Frye, R.E., Wong, S.T. Tract-based spatial statistics reveal altered relationship between non-verbal reasoning abilities and white matter integrity in autism spectrum disorder. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society 2013 19:723-8.
- Journal Article, Frye, R.E., ., Rossignol, D.A. Mitochondrial Physiology in Autism Spectrum Disorder. OA Autism 2013 1:5.
- Journal Article, Frye, R.E., DeLaTorre, R., Taylor, H., Slattery, J., Melnyk, S., James, S.J. Metabolic Effects of Sapropterin Treatment in Autism Spectrum Disorder. Translational Psychiatry 2013 5:e237;
Recent Grant Awards
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Phase 2A Crossover Study to Assess the Safety and Efficacy of Trichuris Suis Ova for the Treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Coronado, CNDO 201-101, 2014-06-01 00:00:00-2015-05-31 00:00:00
- An Exploratory Open-Label Phase II Study of WPI-743 (Vincerinone) in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Edison, EPI743-14-025, 2014-08-29 00:00:00-2015-10-31 00:00:00
- Frye ABI Recruitment - SAF Funds, ACHRI, 2011-08-01 00:00:00-2015-06-30 00:00:00
- Frye F&A Match, ACHRI, 2012-09-01 00:00:00-2015-06-30 00:00:00
- Frye General Research Account, 2013-01-01 00:00:00-2020-12-31 00:00:00
- Health GFCF Modified Atkins Diet for Treating Seizures in Autism, Autism Research Institute, 2014-01-01 00:00:00-2014-12-31 00:00:00
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Autism, Jane Botsford Johnson Foundation, 2013-01-01 00:00:00-2014-12-31 00:00:00