Richard E. Frye, M.D., Ph.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Email: REFrye@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-4662 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute 13 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.A., C.W. Post of Long Island University, 1986
- M.S., Drexel University, 1991
- Ph.D., Georgetown University, 1998
- M.D., Georgetown University, 1998
- Resident , Pediatrics, Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1998-2000
- Resident, Pediatric Neurology, Children's Hospital Boston, 2000-2003
- Fellow , Behavioral Neurology and Learning Disabilities, Children's Hospital Boston, 2003-2005
- Research Fellow, Psychology, Boston University, 2004-2005
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Arkansas Biomedical Institute New Investigator Award, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, 2013
- Journal Article, Frye, R. Sudden onset complex tic associated with streptococcal infection in a neonate: the first case of neonatal PANDAS. The North American Journal of Medicine and Science 2015 8(2):92-95.
- Journal Article, Frye, R., MacFabe, DF. Gastrointestinal dysfunction in autism spectrum disorder: The role of the mitochondria and the enteric microbiome. Microbial Ecology in Health and Disease 2015 May; 7(26):27458.
- Journal Article, Frye, R., Slattery, J., MacFabe, DF., Allen-Vercoe, E., Parker, W., Rodakis, J., Adams, JB., Krajmalnik-Brown, R., Bolte, E., Cerniglia, CE., Kahler, S., Jennings, J., James, SJ., Midtvedt, T. Approaches to studying and manipulating the enteric microbiome to improve autism symptoms. Microbial Ecology in Health and Disease 2015 May; 7(26):26878.
- Journal Article, Deepmala, D., Slattery, J., Kumar, N., Delhey, L., Berk, M., Dean, O., Spielholzh, C., Frye, R. Clinical Trials of N-acetylcysteine in Psychiatry and Neurology: a systematic review. Neuroscience and biobehavioral reviews 2015 May; 6(55):294-321.
- Journal Article, Tilford, JM., Payakachat, N., Kuhlthau, K., Pyne, JM., Kovacs, E., Bellando, J., Williams, DK., Brouwer, W., Frye, R. Treatment for sleep problems in children with autism and caregiver spillover effects. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 2015 July;
- Journal Article, Rose, S., Wynn, R., Frye, R., James, SJ. Increased susceptibility to ethylmercury-induced mitochondrial dysfunction in a subset of autism lymphoblastoid cell lines. Journal of Toxicology 2015
- Journal Article, Rossignol, DA., Frye, R. Evidence linking oxidative stress, mitochondrial dysfuntion and inflammation in the autism brain. Frontiers in Physiology 2014 5:150.
- Journal Article, Leon-Carrion, J., Leon-Dominguez, U., Pollonini, L., Wu, MH., Frye, R., Dominguez-Morales, MR., Zouridakis, G. Living without frontal lobes after TBI. Brain Injury 2014 28:757-758.
- Journal Article, Frye, R. Clinical potential, safety, and tolerability of Arbaclofen in the treatment of Autism. Drug, Healthcare and Patient Safety 2014 6:69-76.
- Journal Article, Frye, R. Metabolic and Mitochondrial Disorders Associated with Epilepsy in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Epilepsy and Behavior 2014 November; 4:S1525-5050.
Recent Grant Awards
- A Double Blind Placebo Controlled Study of CM-AT for the Treatment of Autism in Children with All Levels of Fecal Chymotryspin, Curemark, 00103, 2015-09-14 00:00:00-2016-08-31 00:00:00
- An Open-Label Extension Study of CM-AT for the Treatment of Children with Autism, Curemark, CMAT104, 2016-03-01 00:00:00-2017-02-28 00:00:00
- Children's Autism Metabolome Project (CAMP): Development and Clinical Evaluation of the Stemina Metabolic Biomarker-Based Test to Diagnose Autism Spectrum Disorder in Early Childhood , Stemina Biomarker Discovery, Inc., CAMP-01, 2015-05-28 00:00:00-2016-06-28 00:00:00
- Effect of Cunermuspir on In-Vitro Mitochondrial Respiration in Normal and Autistic Cell Lines, MitoSynergy, 2014-10-01 00:00:00-2016-05-15 00:00:00
- Frye ABI Recruitment - SAF Funds, ACHRI, 2011-08-01 00:00:00-2016-06-30 00:00:00
- Frye General Research Account, 2013-01-01 00:00:00-2020-12-31 00:00:00
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Autism, Jane Botsford Johnson Foundation, 2013-01-01 00:00:00-2016-06-30 00:00:00
- Unique Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Autism Spectrum Disorder, ACH Fdt., 2016-02-01 00:00:00-2017-01-31 00:00:00