Richard E. Frye, M.D., Ph.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Email: REFrye@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-4662 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute 13 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.A., C.W. Post of Long Island University, 1986
- M.S., Drexel University, 1991
- Ph.D., Georgetown University, 1998
- M.D., Georgetown University, 1998
- Resident , Pediatrics, Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1998-2000
- Resident, Pediatric Neurology, Children's Hospital Boston, 2000-2003
- Fellow , Behavioral Neurology and Learning Disabilities, Children's Hospital Boston, 2003-2005
- Research Fellow, Psychology, Boston University, 2004-2005
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Arkansas Biomedical Institute New Investigator Award, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, 2013
- Journal Article, Frye, R.E., James, S.J. Potential metabolic markers of autism spectrum disorder.. Biomarkers in Medicine 2014 8; 3:321-30.
- Journal Article, Rose, S., Frye, R.E., Slattery, J., Melnyk, S., Wynne, R., Tippett, M., James, S.J. Oxidative Stress Induces Mitochondrial Dysfunction in a Subset of Autism Lymphoblastoid Cell Lines in a Well-Matched Case Control Cohort. PLOS One 2014 January; 8(9):1.
- Journal Article, Rossignol, D.A., Genus, S., Frye, R.E. Environmental toxicants and autism spectrum disorders: A system review.. Translational Psychiatry 2014 (4)
- Journal Article, Frye, R.E., Melnyk, S., Fuchs, G., Reid, T., Jernigan, S., Pavliv, O., Hubanks, A., Gaylor, D.W., Walters, L., James, S.J. Effectiveness of methylcobalamin and folinic acid treatment on adaptive behavior in children with autistic disorder is related to gluthathione redox status.. Autism Research and Treatment 2013 October 12;
- Journal Article, Frye, R.E., Liederman, J., McGraw Fisher, J., Wu, M.H. Laterality of temporoparietal causal connectivity during the pre-stimulus period correlates with phonological decoding task performance in dyslexic and typical readers.. Cerebral Cortex 2013 Aug; 22:1923-34.
- Journal Article, Leon-Carrion, J., Leon-Dominguez, U., Pollonini, L., Wu, M.H., Frye, R.E., Dominguez-Morales, M.R., Zouridakis, G. Synchronization between the anterior and posterior cortex determines consciousness level in patients with traumatic brain injury (TBI). Brain Res. 2013 Oct; 1476:22-30.
- Journal Article, Liederman, J., Fisher, JM., Coty, A., Matthews, G., Frye, R.E., Lincoln, A., Alexander, R. Sex Differences in the Use of Delayed Semantic Context When Listening to Disrupted Speech. Arch Sex Behav 2013 Feb; 42:197-201.
- Journal Article, Frye, R.E., Sequeira, J.M., Quadros, E.V., James, S.J., Rossignol, D. Cerebral folate receptor autoantibodies in autism spectrum disorder.. Molescular Psyciatry 2013 Mar; 18:369-81.
- Journal Article, Frye, R.E. . A Lack of statistical pitfalls in the comparison of multivariate causality measures for effective causality. Computers in Biology and Medicine 2013 43:962-965.
- Journal Article, Hasan, K.M., Walimuni, I.S., Frye, R.E. Global and Regional Multimodal Neuroimaging Markers of the Neurobiology of Autism: Development and Cognition. Journal of Child Neurology 2013 28(874-85)
Recent Grant Awards
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Phase 2A Crossover Study to Assess the Safety and Efficacy of Trichuris Suis Ova for the Treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Coronado, CNDO 201-101, 2014-06-01 00:00:00-2015-05-31 00:00:00
- An Exploratory Open-Label Phase II Study of WPI-743 (Vincerinone) in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Edison, EPI743-14-025, 2014-08-29 00:00:00-2015-10-31 00:00:00
- Frye ABI Recruitment - SAF Funds, ACHRI, 2011-08-01 00:00:00-2015-06-30 00:00:00
- Frye F&A Match, ACHRI, 2012-09-01 00:00:00-2015-06-30 00:00:00
- Frye General Research Account, 2013-01-01 00:00:00-2020-12-31 00:00:00
- Health GFCF Modified Atkins Diet for Treating Seizures in Autism, Autism Research Institute, 2014-01-01 00:00:00-2014-12-31 00:00:00
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Autism, Jane Botsford Johnson Foundation, 2013-01-01 00:00:00-2014-12-31 00:00:00