Our current criteria for residency application are as follows:
1. We will accept ALL applications through the ERAS program. (Faxed applications will not be accepted.)
2. Preference will be given to those candidates who meet one of the three criterion below:
a. Permanent US citizen; OR,
b. Individual living in the State of Arkansas; OR,
c. Those having scores of 220 or above on the USMLE Steps 1 & 2.
3. Successful completion of any step of the USMLE in no more than 3 attempts.
4. We sponsor H1-B and J1 visas.
5. We have no requirement for previous US clinical experience.
6. We have no stipulation regarding the number of years out of medical school.
7. We do not sponsor observerships or externships. To participate in clinical activities in this program (e.g., acting internships), it is our policy that a student be currently enrolled in an LCME-accredited medical school.
8. We accept applications through December 31.
9. We do not offer pre-matches.
For additional information, please visit the FREIDA Online program information site.
Information about our benefits and conditions for employment can be found here.
Policy of the Graduate Medical Education Committee
Section: Educational Administration
Subject: International Medical Schools
Date Developed: 8/08
To provide a list for Program Directors and Program Coordinators with regards to disapproved international medical schools as determined by the Arkansas State Medical Board.
In compliance with Regulation 3 of the Arkansas State Medical Board, the following is a list of disapproved international medical schools as voted at the June 5/6, 2008 meeting of the Arkansas State Medical Board. Graduates from these medical schools will not be able to receive a license in the state of Arkansas.